Family—a father, a mother, and children.
And the foundation of a strong, happy family is God and His teachings as written in the bible. Using bible verses about family can help strengthen faith and the bond as a family, producing a wonderful and God-fearing family.
Here are 52 Powerful and Inspirational Bible Verses about family—for every father and husband, mother and wife, and children.
Powerful Bible Verses For The Family
- “Bear with each other and forgive one another if anyone has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.” — Colossians 3:13 NIV
2. “Whoever brings ruin on their family will inherit only wind, and the fool will be servant to the wise.” — Proverbs 11:29 NIV
3. “The greedy bring ruin to their households, but the one who hates bribes will live.”— Proverbs 15:27 NIV
4. “But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.” — 1 Timothy 5:8 ESV
5. “Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.” — 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV
6. “So if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there before the altar and go. First be reconciled to your brother, and then come and offer your gift.” — Matthew 5:24 ESV
7. “He will bless those who fear the Lord, both the small and the great. May the LORD give you increase, you and your children!” — Psalm 115:13-14 ESV
8. “Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate.” — Mark 10:9 NIV
9. “Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” — Romans 12:10 NIV
10. “How wonderful and pleasant it is when brothers live together in harmony!” — Psalm 133:1 NLT
Bible Verses About Being a Parent
Perhaps the greatest blessing in life is having children of your own. From being a parent and a provider to teaching good morals to your kids, the Bible has a lot to say. Here are some of the most powerful bible verses about parenting.
- “Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it.” — Proverbs 22:6 NLT
2. “Discipline your children, and they will give you peace; they will bring you the delights you desire.” — Proverbs 29:17 NIV
3. “Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with discipline and instruction that comes from the Lord.” — Ephesians 6:4 NLT
4. “Whoever spares the rod hates their children, but the one who loves their children is careful to discipline them.” — Proverbs 13:24 NIV
5. “Your offspring shall be like the dust of the earth, and you shall spread abroad to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south, and in you and your offspring shall all the families of the earth be blessed.” — Genesis 28:14 ESV
6. “These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates.” — Deuteronomy 6:6-9 NIV
7. “No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.” — Hebrews 12:11 NIV
8. “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:6-7 NIV
9. “A rod and a reprimand impart wisdom, but a child left undisciplined disgraces its mother.” — Proverbs 29:15 NIV
10. “She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.” — Proverbs 31:15 NIV
11. “He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly.” — Acts 10:2 NIV
12. “One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity.” — 1 Timothy 3:4 KJV
13. “Fathers, do not embitter your children, or they will become discouraged.” — Colossians 3:21 NIV
14. “You shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise up.” — Deuteronomy 6:7 ESV
15.“All your children shall be taught by the LORD, and great shall be the peace of your children.” — Isaiah 54:13 ESV
16.“Folly is bound up in the heart of a child, but the rod of discipline will drive it far away.” — Proverbs 22:15 NIV
Bible Verses About Husbands And Fathers
The man plays an important role in every family. And the Holy Scriptures hold fathers and husbands to very high standards. So, here are powerful bible verses dedicated to every dad out there!
- “As a father has compassion on h NIVis children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him;” — Psalm 103:13
2. “That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” — Genesis 2:24 NIV
3. “Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.” — 1 Corinthians 16:13 NIV
4. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” — Joshua 1:9 NIV
5. “May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth.” — Proverbs 5:18 NIV
6. “Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church—for we are members of his body. ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.’ This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.” — Ephesians 5:25-37 NIV
7. “The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.” — Proverbs 23:24 NIV
8. “Husbands, love your wives and do not be embittered against them.” — Colossians 3:19 NASB
9. “The righteous lead blameless lives; blessed are their children after them.” — Proverbs 20:7 NIV
Bible Verses About Wives And Mothers
Strong women, mothers and wives, are mainly responsible for managing the family—physically, mentally and most importantly, spiritually. And the bible has a lot of verses that honor all of the mothers and wives out there!
- “A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value. She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands. She is like the merchant ships, bringing her food from afar. She gets up while it is still night; she provides food for her family and portions for her female servants. She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard. She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night. In her hand she holds the distaff and grasps the spindle with her fingers. She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy. When it snows, she has no fear for her household; for all of them are clothed in scarlet. She makes coverings for her bed; she is clothed in fine linen and purple. Her husband is respected at the city gate, where he takes his seat among the elders of the land. She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes. She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: ‘Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all.’ Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.” — Proverbs 31:10-30 NIV
2. “Houses and wealth are inherited from parents, but a prudent wife is from the Lord.” — Proverbs 19:14 NIV
3. “A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands.” — Proverbs 14:1 NLT
4. “He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from the Lord.” — Proverbs 18:22 ESV
5. “The Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man. The man said, ‘This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; She shall be called “woman”, because she was taken out of man.’” — Genesis 2:24 NASB
6. “Likewise, wives, be subject to your own husbands, so that even if some do not obey the word, they may be won without a word by the conduct of their wives.” — 1 Peter 3:1 ESV
7. “When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.” — John 16:21 ESV
Bible Verses About Children
Children are the fruit of love. They are a gift from above and bring joy to the family. Here are some bible verses that teaches youths to honor and respect their parents.
- “A wise son brings joy to his father, but a foolish man despises his mother.” — Proverbs 15:20 NIV
2. “Honor your father and your mother, as the LORD your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the LORD your God is giving you.” — Deuteronomy 5:16 NIV
3. “For God said, ‘Honor your father and mother’ and ‘Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.’” — Matthew 15:4 NIV
4. “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you.” — Exodus 20:12 NIV
5. “Listen, my son, to your father’s instruction and do not forsake your mother’s teaching. They are a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.” — Proverbs 1:8-9 NIV
6. “Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord.” — Colossians 3:20 NIV
7. “Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.” — Psalm 127:3-5 NIV
8. “Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. ‘Honor your father and mother’—which is the first commandment with a promise—’so that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth.’”— Ephesians 6:1-3 NIV
9. “Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a real blessing.” — Psalm 127:3 GNT
10. “A wise child accepts a parent’s discipline; a mocker refuses to listen to correction.” — Proverbs 13:1 NLT
God created humans to live as a family unit. He knew that we cannot live alone and will need the guidance of a family through ups and downs. So, strengthen your bonds and faith—turn to the Holy Scriptures and follow God’s teachings.