It is very normal that your parents expect you to have a wonderful relationship with your siblings. It is both your obligation to share food, play toys and games, watch TV together, and many other things. However, this is not always the case. There may be some instances where you perhaps find that your brother is so annoying. This can be because he wants to be the boss, commanding you to do certain things while he is sitting and playing games by himself. Well, believe it or not, I understand how it feels.
However, regardless of the problems that you sometimes face, at the back of your mind, you wouldn’t want to lose your brother. Who would want to? Nobody, I guess. Your brother is a partner who you will likely always enjoy being with. No one can piss him off like you can, and if somebody tries to bully him, I am very sure that you are always ready to stand up for him.
It may be a bit difficult to tell your brother how much you love and value him. Unlike sisters, brothers are always meant to be strong. That being said, mushy and sweet messages might not be very ideal. Nevertheless, if you happen to feel like you are ready to let everybody know how much you value and love your brother, I have prepared the best brother quotes just for you.
50 Best Brother Quotes
Please take some time to read these quotes about brothers. You may cry or laugh, and you will probably find some that remind you of your own brothers.
- “A brother is a friend that god gave you; a friend is a brother your own heart chose for you.” – anonymous
2. “A brother is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit.” – anonymous
3. “A brother is someone who knows there is something wrong even when you have the biggest smile on your face.” – anonymous
4. “A brother may not be a friend, but a friend will always be a brother.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “Always be grateful when your older brother growls at you, and when they tell you what to do and what to not. That is actually beautiful; they are just trying to fulfill their own duties of protecting you.” – anonymous
6. “Being brother and sister means being there for each other no matter what.” – anonymous
7. “Being his true brother, I could feel I live in his own shadow, but I never have, and I do not now. I live in his glow.” – anonymous
8. “Blessed is the servant who loves his own brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well, and he is of a service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is far off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind the back he might not, in love, say before his face.” – St. Francis of Assisi
9. “A brother is a person who is there when you need him, someone who will pick you up when you fall, a person who will stick up for you when no one else will. A brother will always be your friend.” – anonymous
10. “Brotherhood, it means I will always come for you, no matter the cost.” – anonymous
11. “Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet.” – proverb
12. “Brothers and sisters are peas in a pod, bumps on a log, bugs in a rug, birds of a feather, partners in crime, friends forever.” – anonymous
13. “Brothers are playmates at the beginning and best friends for life.” – anonymous
14. “Brothers do not necessarily need to say anything to each other—they can just sit in a room and be together and just be wholly comfortable with each other.” – Leonardo DiCaprio
15. “Brothers, will you shoot hoops? Teach me to skip rocks? Build forts? Tell me stories in the dark? Always be my best friend.” – anonymous
16. “Children of the same family, same blood, with same first habits and associations, have various means of enjoyment, in their own power that no succeeding connections may supply.” – Jane Austen
17. “Happiness is having a younger brother who is taller than you.” – anonymous
18. “How do people make it through life without having a brother?” – anonymous
19. “I cannot assure to solve all the problems that you have, but I can assure you that you won’t have to face them all by yourself.” – anonymous
20. “I don’t believe that an accident of birth can make people brothers or sisters. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Brotherhood and sisterhood are a condition people need to work at.” – Maya Angelou
21. “I have a very wonderful relationship with my sister and brother; this really makes me feel that I always know where I truly belong.” – anonymous
22. “I love my brother. He is simply amazing, and I just couldn’t imagine life without him.” – anonymous
23. “I may fight with my brothers and sisters. But once you lay a single finger on them, you will be facing me.” – anonymous
24. “I really had a very wonderful nurturing. We were a tight family. It was so wonderful to grow up with so many siblings. All of us were just a year or two apart, and all of us are supportive of each other. I learned a lot from my older brother and sister, and that’s what I taught to my younger sisters.” – anonymous
25. “I smile because you are my brother. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.” – anonymous
26. “I, who have no brothers or sisters, look with a bit of an innocent envy on those who may be said to be born with friends.” – James Boswell
27. “If your brother does wrong things, remember not so much of his mistakes, but more than ever that he is your brother.” – Epictetus
28. “If you have a sister or a brother, tell them that you love them every day—that is the most beautiful thing. In fact, I told my sister how much I loved her every day. That is the only reason why I am okay right now.” – Amaury Nolasco
29. “My brother is my best friend.” – Erinn Smart
30. “My brother is my most beloved friend and the bitterest rival, my betrayer and my confidant, my dependent and my sustainer, and the scariest of all, my equal.” – Gregg Levoy
31. “My brother is my only best friend. No one can ever replace him.” – anonymous.
32. “My brother is one of my real heroes. Sober and steady, where I am emotional and impulsive.” – anonymous
33. “My brother is reliable, awesome, helpful, strong, positive, caring, and ambitious. Because I have a brother, I will always have a friend.” – anonymous
34. “Of all the toys I have to play, I would choose my brother any day.” – anonymous
35. “One can be a brother only in something. Where there is no tie that binds men, men aren’t united but are merely lined up.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
36. “Siblings: children of the same parents, each of them is perfectly normal ‘til they get together.” – Sam Levenson
37. “Some people do not believe in heroes. Well, they haven’t met my brother yet.” –anonymous
38. “Sometimes, we need someone to simply stay by our side. Not to fix anything, or to do anything in particular, but just to let us feel that we are being cared for and supported.” – anonymous
39. “The happiest days of my youth were when I and my brother would run through the woods and feel quite safe.” – Rachel Weisz
40. “The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh out loud that food came out of his nose.” – anonymous
41. “The relationship siblings have may last longer than marriages, survive the parents’ death, and reemerge after quarrels which would sink any kind of friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of distance and closeness, distrust, warmth, and loyalty.” – anonymous
42. “The younger brother must help to pay for all the pleasures of the elder.” – Jane Austen
43. “There’s a destiny that makes us brothers; no one of which goes his way on his own. All that we send into others’ lives comes back to us.” – Edwin Markham
44. “There is no love like the love for a brother. There is no love like the love of a brother.” – Astrid Alauda
45. “To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other’s hearts. We share the same private family jokes. We remember family secrets and feuds, family joys and griefs. We live outside a touch of time.” – Clara Ortega
46. “We came into this world like brother and brother; and now let us go hand in hand, not one before another.” – William Shakespeare
47. “We have flown the air just like birds, and we swam the sea like fishes, but have yet to learn the simplest act of walking the earth like brothers.” – Martin Luther King
48. “When brothers agree, there will be no fortress that is so strong as their own common life.” – anonymous
49. “When I look at each of my brothers, I see two things. The first, I see the next place I want to leave a rosy bump. The second, I see a good man who’ll always be there, no matter how hard life gets for him or for me. And then, I get out of the way as I realize he is coming at me with a wet dish towel.” – Dan Pearce
50. “When you really care for someone, their own mistakes will never change your feelings because it is the mind that gets angry, yet the heart still cares.” –anonymous
What can one say about a brother—it is a personal relationship as much as it is a universal affiliation. The underlying forces of the relationship may change from him being a bully to him being a confidante and a protector. Nevertheless, at the core, it is always the two of you against the world.
Now that you have read all of these brother quotes and sayings, hopefully you have gained some amazing perspective on your own relationships. As the aforementioned brother quotes remind us, even though our own brothers may annoy us at times, they are one of the closest friends that we could have in our lives. Always remember, a great brother is a wonderful gift!
There is no doubt that your brother is one of God’s greatest creations and gifts for you. No matter how dreadful your relationship may be, the time will come that you will miss his presence as well as the bond that the both of you have strengthened together. That’s the reason why you should make him feel that he is loved and valued. Make him feel that he is appreciated and respected when you are given a chance.
I know it is hard, but just think about how you treat your father, mother, or your sister, I bet your brother will appreciate all the effort that you will make. Do not forget to send these brother quotes, too—this will surely help you!